Hikes, cameras, action!
If you're keen to get into hiking and you want to learn to take stunning landscape photos, this is the workshop for you.
We will be covering all the basics from composition, timing and lighting, navigation for planning your shots, using the Photopills app, camera settings for landscape photography exposure settings, aperture and depth of field plus some tricks of the trade to make the most of your camera.
We will be starting from the Storey Arms car park and heading uphill to the peak of Pen y Fan, Corn Du and Cribyn. We will aim to organise the day so that we get a chance to photograph the sunset before heading back down. Please bring a head torch!
This workshop has a maximum of 6 spaces to ensure quality one to one teaching time. Please note that the workshop requires 4 people in order to run. Many thanks.
- Please bring your camera! To achieve the best results from this workshop it will need to have the ability to be set manually (preferably not a compact or phone camera).
- If you have a tripod please do bring it. You will need to carry it for the day so an appropriate bag to carry your equipment is advised. If you don't have one, don't worry, you can still learn the skills and I have couple of spares you may be able to borrow.
- If you happen to have any Neutral Density filters (ND), feel free to bring those along too. However, they are not essential for this workshop.
- A lens cloth and a small flannel for drying your camera will be useful in case of rain or splashes.
- Please also bring snacks and a drink as we will be in a remote area for duration of the workshop. There is sometimes a snack van on site but this cannot be guaranteed.
- Please bring money for the parking meter
- The walk is rather up and down, so waterproof and supportive footwear is a must.
- Full waterproof top and bottoms are also advised. You may also wish to cover your backpack.
- A head torch may be required for descent after sunset.
Want to be informed when this workshop is going to run? Feel free to join my mailing list. I only post about events and won't bombard you with emails!